Nicki Minaj supports AIDS Awareness as MAC Cosmetic Ambassador
Nicki Minaj, one of MAC’s Viva Glam Ambassadors, kicked off the launch of MAC’s newest cosmetic line, Viva Glam Makeup, yesterday night in Manhattan. But it wasn’t just all glitz and no purpose, as all the proceeds from the makeup line will be distributed into the MAC AIDS Fund. Since it’s establishment, the MAC AIDS Fund has raised over $235 million dollars which has been used towards providing help for both children and adults affected by AIDS.
For Minaj, AIDS awareness is important to her and hits close to home. Minaj stated, “I had an uncle that passed away from AIDS. He actually was living in Trinidad. It’s dually important because it’s my family [and] it’s my country. And so when M.A.C. reached out, we spoke a lot about going to the Caribbean islands, raising awareness there, and of course, we want to do everything everywhere we can.”
Among the celebrity guests were Kelly Osbourne, Alexander Wang, Christian Siriano, Coco Rocha, and Brad Goreski. It was a night of fun with a DJ playing as guests danced the night away in a room decked out in pink and colorful lights. However, Minaj made sure to highlight the reason that they were all there: “We all know someone with HIV/AIDS, it’s a disease that doesn’t discriminate. No matter what your age is, please protect yourself.”
Make sure to purchase items from MAC’s Viva Glam Makeup line to support AIDS research and awareness!
- qkw likes this
- donttellmeimlessthanmyfreedom reblogged this from fuckyeahitspcola
- cravemyweird-minaj reblogged this from momulaa
- cravemyweird-minaj likes this
- momulaa reblogged this from boypopproject
- ifyoumadeatadickbitch reblogged this from fuckyeahitspcola
- styledefinedasridiculous reblogged this from fuckyeahitspcola
- fuckyeahitspcola reblogged this from boypopproject
- rosannagault likes this
- ririmykush reblogged this from boypopproject
- boypopproject posted this